2015 MAH Media CoverageSeptember 14, 2015
MAH ECDecember 17, 2015
‘Boro 2015 5K Turkey Trot (i.e. BTT)
- Who: Anyone and Everyone! Runners, walkers, strollers, dogs etc.
- What: Informal romp through the Boro (here’s the route).
- Where: Meet at the Firecracker 5K start (across from the Hospital)
- When: 7 AM Thanksgiving Day (Thurs Nov 26)
- Why: The ‘Boro 2015 Turkey Trot is simply an opportunity to run, walk, bike, hike – you get the idea, through our community as a community as Thanksgiving Day begins. It’s completely free – no cost, no shirt, no race bib, no timer, no prizes or awards, and no logistical, safety or medical support of any kind. Simple, Fun & Community!
Questions, Concerns and Clarifications:
- “Can I wear a T-Day costume?” Yes, if you feel so inspired! Most importantly though, dress for the weather and for safety. When we step off, temps will be in the mid-30’s and there will be limited daylight (sun rise – 7:06 AM). Layers, neon colors and blinking lights are strongly encouraged.
- “Is the inaugural ‘BTT’ a CFAR sanctioned event?” No. It’s a fun run two CFARians thought others might want to be a part of. Everyone participating does so at their own risk. Think “Safety, Safety, Safety”!
- “I’d like to be there but I already registered for another Turkey Trot.” No worries. No one will take attendance tomorrow morning. But know that you’ll be missed. The more the merrier.
- “Pace?” Whatever pace feels right for you is your correct pace. For some, the ‘BTT’ will be speed work, for others a recovery run (i.e. JFK 50), and for most, just a good old ‘fun run’.
- “Are there post-event festivities?” Nothing’s planned; please do whatever feels right to begin the day. Perhaps a shared thermos of something warm, church services, or a trip up to High Rock to take it all in. And yes, you’ll be finished in plenty of time for “Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.”
- “Can I purchase a shirt?” “Are there finisher medals?” “Where do I pick up my race packet?” “Is this a chip timed event?” “Are there cash prizes?” “Will photographers be on the course, or just at the finish?” “Where will the porta-potties, water tables, and aide stations be located?” Nope, nope, nope etc. Just show up, say hi, join in a quick prayer, and then spend the next however many minutes it takes you to traverse the course reflecting on what you’re grateful for. Nirvana?! Yup, that’s the goal.
Simple, Fun & Community!