CFAR’s 2015 Running Series:
• The 18th annual “Firecracker 5K” (the 5K) & “Kid’s 1-Mile Fun Run”, Sat July 4th.
• The 4th annual “Mad Anthony Half” (MAH), Sat Sept 12th.
• The debut of the “Boro Challenge (BC)”
Please review the following ‘Registration Guide‘ before registering for any event.
1. General Instructions.
• All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS (see item 8 below).
• All registrations are to be completed on-line through ITS YOUR RACE (processing fees apply). Find the registration links below
o Firecracker 5K
o Kid’s 1-Mile Fun Run
o Mad Anthony Half
o Boro Challenge
• Paper registrations are not available and will not be honored for any event.
• On-line kiosks will be available on Race Day to accommodate walk-up registrations, but CREDIT CARDS (MC, Visa, Amex Ex) are the ONLY form of payment accepted. Cash and checks will not be accepted.
2. Registration “Types”.
• Individual (+22 yrs.). Base price.
• Volunteer. Base price less 10%.
• Student (7 – 21 yrs.). Base price less 10%. *NEW Min Age*
• Kids (1-Mile Fun Run, 6 – 12 yrs.). Eligible for Individual and PlusPricing only. NOT eligible for the “Boro Challenge”.
• “Boro Challenge”. Base price for both races less 10%. Also, cannot be used in combination with Volunteer, Student, or PlusPricing.
3. Registration “Type” FAQ’s.
Q. Can Volunteers transfer their registration to other registrants?
A. No, registrations cannot be transferred.
Q. How are payments for PlusPricing registrations processed?
A. One credit card payment (MC, Visa, and AmEx) is required regardless of the number of PlusPricing registrations entered.
Q. Can PlusPricing and “Boro Challenge” registrants receive a refund if they are unable to participate?
A. No, there are no refunds. Deferments to the next calendar year will be granted if the deferment requests comply with the “Deferment Policy” (see item 9 below).
4. Base Pricing.
A. Base (prices include Dri-FIT event shirt, or cotton event shirt for Kid’s Fun Run)
• Firecracker 5K $35 (Apr 11 – July 4)
• Kid’s 1-Mile Fun Run $10 (Apr 11 – July 4)
• Mad Anthony Half $70 (Apr 11 – Sept 12)
• Boro Challenge $94.50 (Apr 11 – July 4)
5. PlusPricing (PP). New this year, PP encourages volume registrations for couples, families, groups, clubs etc. There are no restrictions, like familial relationship, when defining a couple, family, group, club, etc. Note the following when using PP
• All registrants must register together when registering with PlusPricing. Simply follow the registration template and complete the required fields.
• To select the correct PlusPricing plan, identify the ‘Individual’ and the number of additional registrants. For example, if four “Pavement Princesses” decide to register together, they will select “Individual Plus 3”.
• NO REFUNDS – either for an individual or group. Deferments to the next calendar year will be granted if the deferment requests comply with the “Deferment Policy” (see item 8 below).
• Not eligible for Kickoff Day discount promotions.
6. The “Boro Challenge” (BC). Also new this year, the BC combines two premier races into a unique ‘event’. The following applies
• Registration. Registering for the BC registers you for both races at the same time, while saving 10% off the combined race fees! Sweet!!
• Place standings. Combined race times will be used to determine final place standings.
• Awards. 1st – 3rd Open & Masters Male & Female. Cash? Probably not, but certainly something suitable to commemorate such an auspicious achievement.
• Awards Ceremony. Immediately following the MAH awards ceremony on Sat Sept 12.
• Event shirt. BC registrants receive the coveted “BC event shirt” (unique logo & shirt color), and have the option to receive Firecracker 5K and MAH event shirts as well (Note: all shirts are in one size only).
• Race Bib. BC registrants also receive the coveted “BC Race Bib” (unique design & color) to be worn in both races (use the same Bib number for both events).
• NO REFUNDS. Deferments to the next calendar year will be granted if the deferment requests comply with the “Deferment Policy” (see item 9 below).
• Cannot be used in conjunction with “Kickoff Day” discount promotions.
7. CFAR’s Race Deferment Policy. We understand that life happens and sometimes commitments cannot be met. This is how we address those ‘life experiences’
A. We will defer your registration until the following calendar year if you provide ‘written notice of your intent not to run’ by June 15 for the Firecracker 5K and Aug 21 for the Mad Anthony Half.
B. There are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS.